Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Trying to Pull It Together

So it is 11 days until take-off. We began packing last night. This is shocking for us because as often as I have talked about packing ahead of time, I have never done it.

We have the suitcases out. We have the house / cat sitter arranged. I have the itinerary, passports, passes and tickets all assembled. I have the girl's ball caps in the cases as well as the floaty bathing suit for my little one who cannot swim. I have had my favorite belly bag fixed so it can host the assortment of crap we have to haul around daily on our adventures (passes, bandaids, camera, fast passes, cash, credit card, water, tissues, memory cards and batteries).

I am soooo worried I will forget the booster seats. I have a separate suitcase just for them.

I also need to remember to pack the stuff for Pirate / Princess Party night.

oh and we fly home Easter Sunday... so I need to ensure that the stuff for the bunny to leave out is with the house / cat sitter so that he / she can play bunny. Hope I don't forget that either.

While we are down there, a family from our youngest's daycare is also down there, and the kids are good friends. They have suggested getting together for a day to explore either the Space center or a water park.

My aunt and cousin will be done there too... I would love to hook up with them too to see some sights. It is always so much fun exploring Disney and the other fun places with someone else as seeing it through their eyes is always exciting and sheds new light on how I experience it all.

And now... it has just been confirmed that my best friend from my youth (LOL) as well as now too... and her lovely family is coming too... on the exact same days as us. So we are definitely doing a couple things with them: Pirate / Princess for sure and a boat rental evening too and I am sure we will hook up more then that.

I have to remember to take Dan to the Ripley's Museum too...

and I am sooo looking forward to time with my mom and dad. I always love the opportunity for my kids to spend time with them. They mean the world to me, both of them, my kids and my parents and so having them together with each other gives me moments to cherish as these moments are what I consider to be a gift.

No comments: