Sunday, March 26, 2006

What a Day! !!!!!!!!




Well.... I have to say that March 25th, 2006.... was the most exhausting day of my entire life! First off, I did not go to sleep.. I finished everything at around 3:30 in the morning and then I thought if I lay down to sleep... I will never be able to get up at 4:30 so I kept going... and lo and behold I still friggin' well forgot stuff (not a nightie or pyjama in sight for me and no makeup remover either)!

Wasn't too hard to wake Grant (there is a surprise!), he had only passed out about two hours before... Dan was easy, I flipped the light and said her name once and popped up straight in the bed wide awake and said "yay!" Liskie was harder and kept flopping over asleep. They wore there special DDD 2006 shirts that Mel and I decorated the front and then the girls had decorated the backs. (DDD stands for Dunbars Do Disney! LOL!)

So Uncle Bob was sweet enough to come and get us at 5:30. Man... I don't know how I can pull all nighters but I am getting good at it... I felt like a zombie. We went out to the van in little ponchos... we froze!

Got to the airport and had a hell of a scare... you know those wicked fast freaky revolving doors at Hfx. Airport.. Dan got in and Liskie ran to go in with her... lost her balance and was laying with her head in the opening and the rest of her sticking out... the goddarn thing goes really fast and was about to jam her head... I screamed as I was not caught up, a bunch of flight attendants at the curb ran and suddenly, the door stopped... Lisk got up and we all realize Sissy had rescued her... Dan had used her foot to stop inside the thing.... We were so relieved and thrilled and proud of Dan...

Then we got to the counter: got a lecture on the time of our arrival... "10 minutes later and you could forget it" and then when we did not have the address of where we were going... "well you won't be able to go then". Was so freaky that I had my work appointment book in my carry on bag.... why I have no idea... but had mom and dad's number in it sooooooo I called and disturbed them at 5:30 a.m. (that went over really well......!) and then we got onto the plane.

We had a pretty good flight to Toronto... Delisca drove me nuts getting stuff out of her backpack for 2 seconds... and then something else and so on and so on... but then just as we began our descent... she had to pee.... and they said "no", she began to cry, and was shouting "I have to go", the crying shifted to shrieking and then to screaming at the top of her lungs. Every person on the plane had their hands over their ears. She was beside herself... never heard her like that .. alternately saying "I have to go" and then "I neeeeeed to go". The very second the plane landed on the ground and was still sort of bouncing, I grabbed her and we went in to the bathroom... I started crying as she was sobbing and was so upset... Had many words with the flight crew about my feelings about the whole situation. After washing her up... I sent a flight attendant down to the row of seats to get Dan's poncho and lo and behold ... an improtu skirt.

Then we sat on the frigging runway for just over an hour! Lisk and Grant slept a good hunk of time on flight 2. By the time we met mom and dad (after going to wrong place for luggage and then getting that sorted out), then some rig a mor ol with the rental car.. no details on my booking car seat and infant seat. Tons of dings in car...etc. etc.

All said and done, glad to get here! mom made a delish supper and shortly there after we went to bed!

No comments: